- I prefer the Minimed menus to the Animas ones. I find them personally easier to navigate.
- Animas only holds 200u at a time in the reservoir. Minimed can hold either 176 or 300 (with the 7XX models).
- I don't like that with Animas, you have to rewind and re-prime every time you change the battery.
- I like that with Minimed, when you calculate a bolus using carbs, BG, etc. that the result is auto-populated into the recommended amount that you can then tweak rather than having to scroll up to the recommended number like you have to do with Animas.
- You have more tweaking abilities with the Animas because of the ability to do 0.025 u / hr. basal rates.
- Minimed, you are restricted on which sites you can use (only theirs - unless you want to risk voiding the pump warranty by using the luer-lock adapted ones). Animas, you can use any luer lock pump site.
- I prefer the Dexcom to the Minimed CGMS, and Animas will eventually be integrating with the Dexcom.